5-Point Quality Assurance Hiring Process
Get a Great Part Time Music Teaching Job with
The Music Teachers Network
The Music Teachers Network is a full service music teaching company. We offer piano teaching jobs, voice teaching jobs, guitar teaching jobs and other music teaching jobs. If you want a great hourly rate, can travel to the students homes in your area and are at the top of your field, we want you!
What We Seek in a Music Teacher
At MTN we seek the best and brightest instructors across the United States. In this position, instructors work part-time as an independent contractor and travel to our customers homes to teach music lessons ranging from beginning through advanced. Our instructors undergo a 5 point quality assurance process that results in finding motivated, talented, experienced instructors to work with MTN students. Hiring is very selective and available part time only. You must work well with kids.
Additional Teaching Qualifications
MTN is always looking for great instructors to add to our team, especially instructors that have experience teaching special needs students. We seek candidates with an advanced education in music, a minimum of two years prior teaching experience, and an exemplary employment history. We have very high standards of quality and service, and uphold the following expectations for our instructors
Our Expectations of You
- Arrive prepared with a lesson plan customized to the student's needs
- At the end of each lesson, communicate what should be practiced and how often in preparation for the next lesson
- Arrive on time, and dress neatly and appropriately
- Strive to accommodate unexpected changes in the student's schedule
- Upload a summary of each lesson to MTN within 24 hours of the end of the lesson
- Purchase an annual background check provided through us
- Maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction
What Should You Expect from Our Students?
To maintain high-quality instructors, we also seek high-quality students. When working with MTN, we seek students that are friendly and respectful to our instructors in the following ways:
- Provide an quiet environment in which the lesson can be taught
- Provide the appropriate musical equipment required
- Provide in-home adult supervision for lessons with children under the age of 16
- Offer appropriate guidance or discipline for children engaged in lessons, including adherence to a dedicated practice schedule outside of the lesson
- Provide 24 hours notice for a lesson cancellation or for a lesson day/time to be rescheduled
- Courtesy and patience when communicating with an instructor or MTN management